Monday, June 13, 2016

What’s for Breakfast?

Hey there veganites. I hope your running is going great. Practically every time I am out running (particularly when I am running with friends on our Friday Night Adventures), I struggle as to WHAT to eat. Most of the time, it is a packet of Justin’s Almond Butter. The individual packets are PERFECT for throwing into the planets of my hydration pack.

What I want to talk about in THIS POST, is “What’s for Breakfast?” As a Vegan Runner, WHAT do you generally have for breakfast.

It seems like oatmeal with fresh fruit is one of the go-to meals, but how about a bit of creativity?

Let’s say some Vegan Waffles with fresh fruit? If you use something like Almond Milk & flax eggs, they can be a great morning pre-run meal.

If you have more time & want to be a bit creative, a savory Tofu Scramble with some fresh veggies is AWESOME!

For me though, one of my all time favorites in the morning is some Miso Soup with some cubed Organic Tofu, chopped scallions & some rice noodles. As a matter of fact, I have this more often than any other breakfast meal.

How about you? What do you eat for your pre-run breakfast? (Yeah I know, banana with peanut butter, right?). You could get a bit more creative.

Share some of your ideas in the post comments here.

Run on my Vegan Runners.

Ken



No comments:

Post a Comment