Sunday, August 30, 2015

Searching . . .

I am STILL SEARCHING for those vegan friendly, runner friendly foods.

For ease & convenience, I found Justin’s Nut Butters. They come in individual packets (like GU) & are in Almond Butter, Maple Almond Butter, Original Peanut Butter & Honey Peanut Butter. I LOVE ‘EM!

They have ALL the features of a perfect ultra running vegan fare.

If I am anywhere near a convenience store, I am finding that they are starting to carry containers of fresh fruit. (NOTE: This is great if you’re near a store, but not if you’re out on a long run on the trails.)

What I did find however, was a really cool recipe in a book called Feed Zone Portables. In it, there is a GREAT recipe for Red Lentil Rice Cakes.
I’ve made them countless times & have been able to tweak the spicing to change up the taste.

To veganize it, I used Plain Coconut Yogurt instead of the Greek Yogurt. I also add in minced jalapeño as I LOVE the kick.

I cut them & wrap them into small pieces
& then
wrap each piece in foil.
They pack well & travel in a pack perfectly.

Try ‘em!

See you on the trail.


Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment